Re: Re[6]: pop3 mail problem

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:29:10 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>A few messages back you said that you found qpopper unacceptable because
>the POP send is buggy, so you preferred cucipop. Now you say cucipop
>doesn't even have POP send. Am I missing something here?

    Yes.  You must read the *WHOLE* message and try to comprehend it.

"    To me that is unforgivable and calls into question what other glaring
errors are lurking just below the surface."

    IE, it isn't the fact that it is buggy, it is the nature of the bug which
calls into question the quality of the rest of the code.  On one had they
adhere to RFC822 by using the escaped dor sequence.  Then they turn around
and *FAIL* to escape the same sequence they accepted when they pass it on.

    Also, I did point out that for my uses, and the uses of the person I
replied to pop send was not needed.  However, some people might have a need
to offer it to their users.  In the former I don't recommend qpopper because
I feel it is shoddy.  In the latter I don't make a recommendation because it
all depends on what the person feels his or her user needs.

    Finally, my ISP has over 6,500 users and we get regular problems with
qpopper incorrectly deleting messages from the mail file and causing problems
with, of all things, large attachments when the other end is a Eudora client.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my