Which packages needed for X

    OK, this has got me stumped.  I've installed XFree86 several times from
scratch on my Slack system before moving to Debian but for the life of me I
cannot understand why I'm erroring out under Debian.  The errors I'm getting
are:

System: `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp -w 1 -R/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb -xkm -m
us
 -em1 "The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:" -emp "> " -eml
"Errors
from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server" keymap/xfree86
/var/tmp/xfree86.xkm'
[GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*,
tr
ying 'fixed'[GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-
*-*-12-*, trying 'fixed'xinit:  unexpected signal 2

waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mi
sc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.

    The first one doesn't bother me too much, but the fonts do.  It appears
that without the fonts X will not start.  However, I *DO* have font packages
installed.  Anyone hit this problem and spun around it?

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my