Re: mailer question

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Michael Roark wrote:

 : O.K. I'm going to go out on a limb here. I need to get one of my email
 : servers to reject mail if the /var/spool/mail/<user> file is past a
 : certain size. In so many words, I need to dole out the "mailbox full"
 : error when needed. Is this something done with deliver or procmail, or
 : is it a sendmail ruleset issue?

You could give the Quota System a try. If you're using procmail as local
delivery agent: procmail is quota-aware, so it will bounce mail when the
user's mailbox size exceeds his quota.

bye,
 -Remco