Re: installation

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 10:51:32AM +1000, Tim wrote:
> How do you do?

How do I do what? :)

> I recently got a copy of Debian Linux 2.0, unfortunately I have no
> documentation for it and as such installation is difficult.  This will
> be my first Linux installation,  my hardware is as follows pentium 133,
> 32mb of ram, and two clean 420mb hard drives, that I would like to
> install to.  My problem is that I have no idea how to create the boot
> and root floppies.  Also if it's no trouble I would like to get a basic
> idea of how to proceed with the installation from there.  If some one
> could respond with some information on this problem I would be very
> grateful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tim McCann

Tim,
	How did you exactly get the files that you mentioned? Via FTP or HTTP?
If you obtained the files via HTTP there is a page called "Installation Via
FTP" that has all the information you need to install Debian 2.0.

	Also, if you look at the same place you got the boot and root floppies
you should also see a few other files. The ones you need are:

	1. resc1440.bin
	2. drvs1440.bin
	3. base1 Thru base5.bin
	4. rawrite2.exe

	This should get you started. Use the rawrite2.exe to extract the *.bin
files to 7 1.44m floppies. And then insert the rescUE Disk into your floppy
drive and reboot. That should get you started and you can get the rest from
the FTP site.

	Hope this helps get you going....

--
Mike Acklin