Re: X11 & AGP Card

Hi,

>   Thank for the information.  Does the AGP card improve the
>   graphics significantly and noticeable?  Thanks!

AGP is meant to significantly improve 3D performance, not 2D.  There may
be improvement in 2D performance but I don't think that it would be
significant.  I've got a Millenium II AGP.  It's fast but I don't think
that it being an AGP card helps all that much with its 2D stuff.  I have
no idea how much of an improvement there is for the 3D stuff since I don't
have any 3D Linux applications that use 3D acceleration, unless Mesa takes
advantage of the Millenium II's 3D abilities.  This seems unlikely since
my GL screen savers seem like they should run faster.

-Ossama