Printer (port) Problems

       Hi, I would really appreciate some's help.  I have been trying to get
my linux system working for a long time.  I have install Redhat 4.1, Redhat
5.0, Slackwear, etc.  I think I have found the distribution I want in Debian
but now I have to get my system working right!

When I try to print something with lpr using a command like:

lpr XF86Config

I get the message:

Driver configured but no interfaces found.

This message keeps poping up on my screen every few minutes also.  (Even
after I kill the print job with lprm.)  Also I noticed this same message
appears in my boot message as well.  dmesg shows that it appears a bunch of
times at the end of the startup message file.

Is this because my lp0 or lp1 is not configure by the kernel right.  Do I
not have a module loaded or something?  Maybe the kernel is not finding lp0
or lp1?  Do I have to remake the kernel or something?

Please help.  I am totally at a loss as to what I should be doing?