Re: X11 & AGP Card

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Timothy C. Phan wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'd like to know if X11 on Linux support the AGP card?  I'd
>   like to in particalur which card makers are supported and if
>   there is any special configuration/setup I need to do.  Thanks!
>
> --
> Timothy C. Phan
> Intelligence Quest Research, INC.

There are many AGP cards currently supported by XFree86. There are also a
few more available through special servers such as S.u.S.E's Elsa_GLoria
server for cards like mine (Diamond Permedia 2). You should check out the
supported video cards list in the XFree86 3.3.2 documentation and also
S.u.S.E's supported video cards list. You can find these lists at
http://www.xfree86.org and http://www.suse.com. Just follow the links.

There are no special configurations needed for AGP cards either. With the
right server they should run fine.

.-
Brian Weiss (fudd@efnet)
http://www.got.net/~brian