Re: Can't remove device even as root

On Sun, 31 May 1998, R. Chris Ross wrote:

: 	I recently had a large portion of my hard disk got trashed.
: Somehow a directory in my home director got mutated into a device file.
: Even logged in as root I can't seam to get rid of it.  Any ideas.  I'm
: trying to clean up to do a final backup before trashing everything and
: starting over.

I believe you want to look into `chattr' and `debugfs'

On a semi-related note, there was once talk of a journaled filesystem
for Linux and/or FreeBSD type systems.  Has there been any progress on
this front?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104