Re: SWAP or swap

Matthew D Myers <mmyers@ourtownusa.net> writes:
MDM> I have been running my linux with approx. 100 MB swap partition,
MDM> all how to's and books say no swap partition bigger than 16 MB.
MDM>
MDM> What's the story, does linux REALLY not use any more that 16MB
MDM> swap?

The correct story is that Linux won't use more than 128MB of swap in
any given swap file/partition, but you can have multiple swap areas if
this is a problem.  100MB of swap shouldn't be a problem.

MDM> [2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]

Please reconfigure your mailreader to send plain-text only...

--
/                             \       "Dad was reading a book called