Re: autoup v0.22 problem

Ralph Winslow <ralphw@nac.net> writes:
> I finally bit the bullet and picked up autoup22 by downloading
> autoup.tar.gz,
> unpacking it, chmod +x ./autoup.sh && ./autoup.sh. I answered c to the
> what
> method and it crashed with 'unexpected EOF' (See attached script
> output).
>
> I can't see anything wrong with autoup.sh (which see) - I checked () ""
> <<__EOF__ __EOF__.  Anyone have a clue?

Hi,
     That bug in v0.22 was reported and fixed some time ago. (The
problem is that __EOF__ must be on the start of a line.)

     The version of autoup.sh (0.23) on www.debian.org is obsolete
(unless it has been upgraded today).  The current version is 0.27, and
is available from http://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup/,
http://taz.net.au/autoup/, or ftp://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup/.

     Current versions of autoup.tar.gz are just a tarball of the files
needed to run autoup.sh.  The script has to be downloaded separately.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>