Re: ipforward'ing on in kernel?

At 06:56 PM 5/29/98 +0200, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
>> I thought we could tell by "cat /proc/ksyms | grep forward" :
>> 	00140988 ip_forward_R35268aee
>> 	0022ae04 sysctl_ip_forward_Ra7d20d83
>>
>> Is this correct? seems to say yes; or do we have to rebuild a new kernel.
>No, it is not. You do need a custom kernel.
>
>N.B: I do not know, why the above symbols are in /proc/ksyms. They are
>present in mine also, although I know I do not have ip forwarding enabled.
>Does anyone know a better test?
-- I thought that this indicated that it was copmiled into the kernel, a
different issue than if the feature is (run-time) enabled.

Thanks.
Dr. Gregory Guthrie
guthrie@mum.edu         (515)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       College of Science and Technology
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)