Re: angband save problems

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Sorry for the apparent lack of response, guys. I had a minor
>  crisis in my day job, and debian-user goes on the back burner in
>  these time.
>
>         As to the ^S issue -- I play in X, and I have never had any
>  problems with the save key. I do not turn on all the multiuser
>  options -- VERIFY_CHECKSUMS is on (to prevent corrupted save files,
>  but we do not verify timstamps or forbid the "savefile over-write"
>  cheat, since I think the players should be allowed to decide to cheat
>  or not. The only think I think us turned on is that the save files
>  have the uid in the name, so that different users can have characters
>  called gandalf ;-)
>
>         I am concerned about the ^S not working. Are you using X? what
>  versions of angband are you using? Email me and I shall try to
>  resolve this issue.
>
>         manoj
>  angband maintainer

	Hi,

	To figure out what the other folks were seeing, I downloaded your deb
package, installed it, and quickly got it running in a *console*.  Sure
enough, ^S was not being intercepted (Angband wasn't catching it at all; the
console was catching it and doing what it normally does for ^S/^Q
processing).  At that point, I remembered the define switch in config.h(?)
that controlled whether the save-and-continue function was available, and
just assumed you, as maintainer, had disabled it.  Unfortunately, I deleted
the deb install and package (I've been tinkering with angband, so I prefer
to use my local installation), so I can't check if it does the same in X.
	With my compiled version, ^S works in both console and X.  I'm not using an
unusual setup (config.h is only slightly changed to activate support for the
borg).
	Hopefully the others I was talking to can tell you what they are (still)
seeing.  If its not the define switch, then I'll be real curious as to whats
causing this behaviour.

--
Ed