HELP!!! BASH IS FSCKED!!

Dear all,

	When I try to log in from the console, via telnet or open an
xterm, I get the following message -

$-bash: error in loading shared libraries
/lib/libreadline.so.2: undefined symbol __sigseetjmt

The shell then dies (i.e. I get logged out, and on the console, linuxlogo
comes up again).

I got hold of /etc/profile by ftp, and have attached it :(

I'm running hamm, and this behaviour started between about 7and 01.00 last
nite (i.e. I was out at the time, so it could be something a luser has
done)...

Pls help!

Thanx,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/
# /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for bash(1).

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:."

export PATH PS1
echo
verse
echo