pine user converts to mutt

[This message has also been posted.]

I used to use pine as an email client, quite happily, but recently
I've switched to mutt for it's threading and color support (and I just
wanted something new).

Anyway, I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but I'm having
trouble understanding mutt's folder management concept.

I want to skim through my messages, reading them as I go.  After
reading a message, I may want to save it, and in pine I would hit a
key to save it to a folder.  I've seen the "C" command in mutt: I can
read an email, "C"opy it to a folder, but mutt doesn't automatically
delete the message after it's been copied.  Also, it puts the folder
right off of the root of my home directory.  I'd rather have it make a
sub directory, say ~/mutt-mail/ where folders could go (like pine :).

I just don't get it!  <grin>

Any advice, help, or otherwise will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

--
garman AT uiuc DOT edu