Re: Where can i get this

On 28-May-98 Bonard B. Timmons III wrote:
> Mario Filipe <mjnf@neptuno.sc.uevora.pt> writes:
>
>> >You need a newer version of makeinfo; or more to the point a newer
>> >texinfo.tex (which comes with makeinfo).  I had thought that distributing a
>> >texinfo.tex which matches texi files in the same directory would be enough
>> >here... but gtk+ does supply a good one, so I guess not =(O|
>>
>> So where can i find these makeinfo and textinfo.tex ???
>
> According to dpkg -S makeinfo and dpkg -S texinfo.tex we have
> tetex-bin: /usr/bin/makeinfo
> tetex-base: /usr/lib/texmf/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex.
>
> So it looks like you need to install tetex-bin and tetex-base. I
> forgot whether these packages are in bo, but bo certainly does have
> some type of tex packages.

        Acording to my system it's in the package textinfo. Wich means i have
to upgrade my tex packages, wich brings another question. Dselect says that the
tex packages i have are obsolete. should i deinstall them and install the new
ones or is there another way to do it?

        And don't forget... we are talking about bo

        Thanks

        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt
        http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf