Re: mutt not in color

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 02:02:51AM -0000, lgunman@crh1828.urh.uiuc.edu wrote:
> System: Linux 2.0.29 [using slang 9938]
> Compile options:
> -DOMAIN
> -HIDDEN_HOST  +HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK

It looks like you compiled this yourself on debian 1.3. I think you
should have -USE_FCNTL to match the way the rest of the debian mail
programs work. I think there is a command line option to configure, or
you can edit the file it produces.

I'm using mutt with ncurses1.9.9e. Yes, I need to upgrade, but
color works on the console with TERM=linux and on xterms with
TERM=xterm-color. There are some bugs with the color on the xterm, I
haven't used it enough on the console to know if there are bugs there as
well. I hope a new version of ncurses or switching to slang will get rid
of these bugs.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com