Re: angband save problems

M.C. Vernon wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Ed Cogburn wrote:
>

> >       First, what does the program do when you try ^S?  Does angband give a
> > message?
>
> It hangs - the scroll lock light comes on, and won't go out again... :(
>
> This can only be rectified by hitting the scroll lock key, at which point
> angband responds to any keystrokes you press between ^S and scroll lock,
> and displays no hint of having `heard' the ^S
>
> Matthew

	I know what the deal is.  I just checked the deb package.  ^S isn't being
intercepted.  There's a compile time option to disable ^S to prevent certain
methods of cheating.  The prepackaged deb was compiled with that option on.
The deb package was apparently setup for a multi-user environment where all
possible means of preventing cheating have been used so that you can be
pretty confident that the high score list is not made up of cheaters.  It
also doesn't include the borg.
	If you want the ^S, the only way now is to compile angband for yourself.

--
Ed