Re: Does Debian support...

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 05:19:16PM +1000, Rafal Gasiorek wrote:
> I need to be able to access data from Linux, Win95 and NT running on
> the same machine. Currently I can only do this with Slackware...
> I tried RED HAT, very nice - good installation and easy setup of X,
> however no support for UMSDOS (? is this what the file system is
> called?).
>
> So does DEBIAN support this feature?

UMSDOS is only needed if you don't wanna make a real Linux partition.
Debian does with the 2.0.33 kernel found in the hamm dist read vfat (2.0.29
did that), fat32, and joliet CD-ROM's.  Recent devel kernels can even read
and (if you're VERY daring) write NTFS.

Yes, Debian supports UMSDOS if you really want it.  No idea why you would,
but.