[ debian-user-request ] kernel-module version mismatch error

Hello,

I have spent a while trying to add a module to my kernel.

The module in question is the yellowfin.c for a gigabit ethernet card available
at

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/yellowfin.c

I have again made everystep from the beginning.

1. recompile the kernel
  ( It wasn't needed, but just in case. BTW, how do you check the kernel has
been compiled with some options?)
2. recompile yellowfin.c with the command line given at the end of the file:
    gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c yellowfin.c
2.5  install 644 etc... (see web page)
3. make modules
4. make modules_install
5. depmod -a
   This has raised a lot of unresolved dependencies...but not for yellowfin.o .
6. insmod yellowfin.o
 And again the same error:

/lib/modules/2.0.30/misc/yellowfin.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        /lib/modules/2.0.30/misc/yellowfin.o was compiled for kernel version
2.0.29
        while this kernel is version 2.0.30.

7. modprobe yellowfin also raises this error.

There is only one yellowfin.o in the system, by the way. I have uninstalled
every reference to 2.0.29 (I had the sources) yesterday.

What can it be?

tx for advices,

dm

-- SmartList Report begins here --
Diagnostic:  Already on the subscriber list
 803 martos@system.hitachi.co.jp        32720 martos@system.hitachi.co.jp