Installing 1.3 on IBM PS/1

Thanks very much to Bonard Timmons and Nathan Norman for their advice.

However, I'm still having trouble installing Debian 1.3 on my IBM PS/1.  As
recommended, I'm typing the following at the boot: prompt -

	linux hda=934,16,17

(My hard disk has 934 cylinders, 16 heads, and 17 sectors per track.)

The OS seems to look for my hard drive during installation, but my hard drive
does not seem to respond.  I get the following error messages during
installation:

	hda: status timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
	hda: drive not ready for command
	ide0: reset timeout, status=0xff
	(...repeat of these three messages...)
	end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00, sector 0
	hda: drive not ready for command

When I go to partition the hard drive, I get the above error messages again,
plus the following:

	FATAL ERROR: Cannot read disk drive
	Press any key to exit fdisk

I'm afraid this might mean my hard drive controller is not supported by Linux,
but then again people are always saying, "If you can access your hard drive from
DOS, you should be able to access it from Linux."

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon Hester