Re: How to upgrade from smail to exim?

On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 09:28:42PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 1998, Johann Spies wrote:
[..]
> I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with that. Exim is a breeze, at least for me.
> Smail should not be considered as an internet mailer in my opinion and
> should be left to uucp only setups.
>

> George Bonser

I completle agree! Just got through some days of trying to get smail manage
the mail in a LAN which is connected to the internet through a firewall with
SMTP. Finally, I set up UUCP over TCP for every single host (which works without
much work, using Debian). Quite well after all, but I think I should try exim at
least because UUCP in a TCP/IP LAN (only Linux hosts connected) for sending mail
can´t be called the *right* way ;) and I´m not masochist enough to get through
with sendmail.

This are my experiences for now
peter.