Installing Hamm - NFS not working

Hi all

I am trying to install base2_0.tgz via NFS.

On I have
/tmp    (rw)
in /etc/exports (I have also tried other lines such as
/tmp    *.lynagh.demon.co.uk(ro,insecure)
but no better luck)

When I "mount -t nfs /mnt" from it all
works fine, but when I try it from I get
"mount: RPC: Timed out". I can ping from
but I can't try the other way as doesn't yet have ping.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

If you could answer prmptly I would be grateful as I will have to turn
the machine off when I go to bed so will need to install the first
2 disks and set everything up again.

Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.