RE: NFS mount problem

---snip---

This error indicates that the RPC software on the remote host is
not running (required for NFS servers) which probably means that
the "server" is not set up to be an NFS server yet.  Check the
rc scripts (look in /etc/init.d) for one related to NFS and see
if you can manually start the daemons.

I am afraid I do not know the Debian rc setup that well yet, so
I cannot be more specific.  On a Solaris system, there are files
called "nfs.client" and "nfs.server".  The first is started by
default, the second has to be set to start by telling the init
program to go to run state 3, rather than run state 2, as its
initdefault in /etc/inittab.  I expect something similar on the
Debian Linux side.

I hope this helps you get NFS running.

---
Bob McGowan
i'm:  bob dot mcgowan at artecon dot com