Re: off-topic - netscape

Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 1998 at 01:05:12AM -0400, sjc@gis.net wrote:
> > As it stands with the latest version, it installs, and it adds scripts et al
> > to start and stop through init (ie it starts on boot now) but, if there are no
> > fonts, it is all for naught - it will fail to run at startup et al because
> > it has no fonts
> >
> > but anyway...once it has fonts...Netscape looks GREAT!
>
> Netscape won't let you use a TT font for fixed stuff though..  xfstt doesn't
> bother to report that fixed width fonts are I think.  This is prolly an
> upstream issue.

hmm really?I well...I never even thought to try that! I will look into it....tho yea
thats probably
going to turn out to be an upstream issue....
The source code for xfstt is not...um...heavilly commented (im being polite :)
when I showed the code to a co-worker he noted the lack of comments and asked
if the author was russian)

In fact I added a signal handler to the program as part of the code to handle making

a pid file (so it will start on startup easily et al)...I think between 20 lines of
code or so,
I have as amny comments as the whole rest of the file -I try to comment liberally
but not too much)

in any case...I will look into it...I never even thought to try using a truetype
font for fixed
text...it seems kind of twisted to me (sort of "Why would you wanna go there?")

-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and