Re: Dead keys and X11 3.3.2 & svgalib and mouse I/O permissions...

Ignacio Ms Ivars wrote:

> 	I have two problems I think I know the solution but I don't know how to
> apply it. First is the eternal problem of the dead keys under X11. I had
> it solved using Thomas Quinnot modified libX11.so.6.1, but as I have
> upgraded to hamm and to X11R6 3.3.2 it doesn't work anymore. I have
> tried to reinstall the modified library, but, as it is from version
> 3.3.1, it doesn't work. Anyone knows if there is any solution for
> version 3.3.2? I need my spanish accents!!! :-)

Well, you may switch off the deadkeys by inserting

XkbVariant = "nodeadkeys"

in the keyboard section of /etc/X11/XF86Config.
I found that by some kind of empirical research ;-), and I'm still looking
for documentation about it.

Does this help with the spanish accents? I always thought that the real
use of the deadkeys is to get all kinds of accents. So why do you want to
turn it off?

Greetings,

  Ulf

--