Re: xfig not exporting

On Saturday 25 May 1998, at 15 h 33, the keyboard of Johann Spies
<jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za> wrote:

> When I try to export something from xfig I get the message:

Try with fig2dev, you may be have a better chance to see the messages:

fig2dev -L ps file.fig file.ps
           ^^
           Export to PostScript

fig2dev is fine to export in batches, such as Makefiles.

> Error during EXPORT (check standard error output)
>
> How do I check "standard error output" to determine what is wrong?

If you launched xfig from a xdm session, see the messages in ~/.xession-errors.