Re: Is there any program like ICQ ? Thanks ! ;)

Yup, try http://www.mirabilis.com

There is a linux version there for X, you also need to get the JDK.

use this method to install:

(I got this from the list early this year, I have not tried it, coz
I havent had time :) )

With  some trial and  error, I've been able to  setup ICQ for multiple
users   under Debian.   The idea  was   to give  each user  an  ~/.icq
directory   where  she can keep    her personal configuration.   In my
experience, if you use the installation directions which come with the
program, things will not work like you might expect.

What I did to get it working properly:

1) Install the Debian JDK.
2) Download the ICQ tar ball (http://www.icq.com/)

AS ROOT DO THE FOLLOWING:
3) cd /usr/local
4) tar -xzvf icqtarball.tgz
5) chown -R root.root ICQJava
6) cd /usr/local/ICQJava
7) Edit "install" and change the following:
        1) uncomment JAVA_HOME
        2) JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jdk1.1
        3) ICQ_HOME = /usr/local/ICQJava
8) ./install
        Note: This will create the file /usr/local/ICQJava/ICQ which
              is the script you will want to run after making a few
              more modifications.
9) Edit the "ICQ" file in (8) above by replacing the "-path"
   parameter with "-path $HOME/.icq" .  This will tell ICQ to use the
   ~/.icq directory for all of its needs -- including the user's
   personal configuration.  This and step 10 are the critical
   changes.

AS THE USER DO THE FOLLOWING:
10) Now, you need to create the ~/.icq directory for each user:
        1) mkdir ~/.icq
        2) cd ~/.icq
        3) mkdir conf
        4) chmod 700 conf