Re: Prblem with kernel:IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 1

On Mon, May 25, 1998 at 01:18:49PM -0000, Telesforo L wrote:
> I have installed debian linux 1.3.1 on my computer,a two proccesor
> I need the kernel linux-2.0.34-pre14.tar.gz because I have an Adaptec
> aic 7895. Linux starts normally without any error, but  after one or two minute
> appear a message like this: IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 1, and the system hangs
> . I don't know what's the matter with this problem. Somebody can help me.
> Thank's

I think I remeber reading something about this on the Linux-Kernel mailing
list, but I don't remeber if it has been fixed. I am assuming that you use
smp, if so, try writing to the linux-kernel list at
linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, you can subscribe if you like through
majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu.  Include as much information as possible, ie cpu
type, memory, etc..