Re: Debian from the Stampede's POV

Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> wrote:
>     Proprietary to Debian...

Note to self: The debian administrator's guide needs an appendix on
broken-system maneuvers. This would, after appropriate disclaimers,
delve into the file formats of the current packaging system for cases
where the files have been damaged, and/or where the dpkg suite isn't
available. Make sure to discuss issues not handled by these techniques,
and make sure to reference the chapter on how to write bug reports
(since presumably something would be broken for these techniques to
be needed).

[As so many people have already pointed out that ar is not proprietary
to Debian, I hope I don't have to delve further into this issue at this
time.]

--
Raul