Re: SB16 install & configure

>> How do I enable my SB16 card?  I did not see a option during the base
>> install.  I have seen AWE32 stuff, but I don't think that is the same
>> thing.
>>
>> Where & how do I setup my card?

 Umm, it's pretty similar to AWE, but you just leave out the AWE spesific stuff.
 To put it short: you'll have to compile kernel again and include the sound
 options in. If it is pnp card, you'll have to install and configure the isapnptools
 package.

 There are few documents that are good to read before starting: Sound-HOWTO
 and Soundblaster-16 mini-HOWTO that you can find under /usr/doc/HOWTO
 if you have installed the HOWTO-documents package.

	--j

 BTW, are there sound modules in the standard kernel package, anybody ?