Re: Debian from the Stampede's POV

"Rev. Joseph Carter" <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> writes:

> --oC1+HKm2/end4ao3
>
> On Sat, May 23, 1998 at 12:14:34AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > >The "other data" in Debian's case is stuff like dependency information,
> > >installation and removal scripts, and the maintainer's contact address.
> >   =20
> >     Proprietary to Debian...
>
> The .deb is proprietary to Debian.  =3Dp  The installation and removal scri=
> pts

"Proprietary" -- what in the heck could possibly be proprietary about
Debian? We need to clear this confusing mess up NOW!!!

Please, people, please explain what in the world you are talking
about. Please explain why you say "proprietary to Debian."

As far as I can tell, YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER!!

(Sorry for the yelling, but this is a seriously confusing thing
here!!)

I have a feeling that that we had better pick different terminology
here.

Thank you,
Bake