Re: From Bo to Hamm. Emacs and FVWM2 seg faults but no core

On Sat, May 23, 1998 at 11:49:01AM +0200, Torsten Hilbrich wrote:
> On: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:18:03 +0200 (SAT) Daniel Mashao writes:
> > Any help how to get my emacs and fvwm2 to work.
>
> Please check the output of ldd 'which emacs` and ldd `which fvwm2`.
> If there are both libc.so.5 and libc.so.6 shown, you need to update
> some of the other libraries.  If the executables are basically linked
> to libc.so.5, you need some libs from the oldlibs directory.

Actually, due to the way ldd works, it's information isn't 100% reliable.
I recommend using "objdump --all-headers" on the problematic binaries.
If there's an "RPATH" entry, you need to upgrade your binaries.
The "NEEDED" part will show whether it is a libc5 or libc6 binary.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.