Re: Overriding fvwm95 buttons in the post.hook?

Douglas Bates <bates@stat.wisc.edu> writes:

> I have read the documentation on fvwm95 and on FvwmButtons but I am
> still at a loss to decide how I would override definitions of buttons
> in
> 		   /etc/X11/fvwm95/system.fvwm95rc
>
> What I would like to do is to use rclock rather than xclock for one of
> the buttons.  (rclock can be configured to alert you to incoming mail
> so a single window can do double duty of displaying the clock and an
> xbiff-like indicator of incoming mail.)
>
> If I add the lines
>
> *DebianFvwm95Buttons(Title rclock, Icon clock.xpm, \
>              Swallow(UseOld) "rclock" 'Exec /usr/bin/X11/rclock -bg \#c0c0c0 \
>              -geometry -1500-1500 &')
>
> to my ~/.fvwm95/post.hook file I get the rclock in addition to all the
> other buttons.  What I would like to do is to remove the other buttons
> and then add the ones I want.  Is this possible using the post.hook
> file?

Well, I'm not entirely certain it is - this is one of the reasons I
really need to get off my but and package up something like Redhat's
configuration scheme.

Actually... (checking the fvwm95 man page)
Yes, it is possible.
What you need to do is say:
DestroyModuleConfig DebianFvwm95Buttons

This wipes out all the default buttons - you can add the ones you want
back in.