Re: A WinNT 4.0 registry editor for Un*x?

Ulisses Alonso wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Does such thing exist?

nothing exists that I know of...however...I do have a file which describes the
registry....it gives byte offsetts...all sorts of
info....
possibly enough info to write an editor (somebody decided to spend a few
sleepless
nights and compile such a file, covers win3.1, win95 and NT)
It was not written by M$...and I doubt they would give out the info without
signing some serious NDAs and probably giving them a good amount
of $$ ..and even then they might not tell you much
someone asked me to write one..and gave me this file but...
it is way to complex for me....and looks like a PITA to work with...
I am forrced to wonder if this convoluted system is some brilliant system which
was
made purposfully convoluted so that noone else can work with it without help from

M$ or.... if it is just one more example of very very poor planning and bad
programming
(I am inclined to believe the latter over the former)
(BTW if you want that file on the regisrty....I think I can find it...)
-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and