Bug in su or mc ?

Hi,

If I do the followings in X:

1. start an xterm;
2. in xterm give an su
3. as root (under su) start mc
4. close the xterm

I end up with a 100% CPU usage, even when I do nothing. If I give top, I
discover that mc is still running and eating all the CPU power (say 98
%). The mc is owned by root. If I log as root and give ps, the process
doesn't appear, you have to give an ps -aux. If I kill the process, the
CPU usage return to a decent value (say 1%).

So, is this a bug ? And if yes, whom bug it is: of xterm, of su or of mc
? Is this reported or should I report it (and how do I report) ?

TIA,

Ionutz