Re: Help making a 486 into an X Terminal

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Kiyan Azarbar wrote:

> Is this possible? If so, what is the bare minimum I need. How do I get
> started? Is there a bootdisk package? I can copy any debs I need from my
> computer over to the share drive on the win95 machine, but I'm wondering how I
> should go about creating a partition for ext2fs, and how to install the
> kernel, etc. Should I just compile a tiny minimalist kernel there?
>
> And most importantly, where do I get fips?

You might stop by a Border's bookstore and pick up a copy of The Debian
Linux User's Guide or get it on the web from Linux Press.  It comes with a
thing called "Drop-in Debian" and takes less than 100MB of diskpace while
living in a regular MSDOS filesystem.

It is on the CDROM that comes with the book.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?