Database Connectivity via JDBC and Oracle

I know it has been a hot topic a couple of time to talk about how Linux can run
a copy of Oracle (SCO version), but I am simply looking to connect to it.

I have read on Oracle newsgroups that you can get database connectivity via
the JDBC on Linux.  Do I need to get a JDBC driver from Oracle?  They
meantion that the JDK v1.0.2 and v1.1.1 both have the Thin and OCI clients.  If
this is the case what do I need to get for debian to get this to work?

I am wanting to connect to a Oracle Server v8.0.4 running on NT.

Any pointers?
--Jay Barbee