Re: Python-base bug in Hamm

On Sun, 17 May 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> I will be reporting this via bug but thought I woudl give a heads up here.
> It appears that the latest python-base in hamm has a typo in the
> post-installation script that gives this:
>
> Setting up python-base (1.5.1-1) ...
> python: invalid option -- q
> (python useage blurb)
> dpkg: error processing python-base (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  python-base

I do not know what the trouble is with this, exactly but in the
postinst script the lines that are supposed to pass the -q to the
compileall.py script get interpreted as python opions and not passed to
the script.

I simply deleted the -q in the offending lines in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/python-base.postinst and it appears to be working fine
... though probably a bit more verbose than intended.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?