Re: single user question / problem ?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: single user question / problem ?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
- Date: 17 May 1998 11:56:20 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <m0yaiIG-000qH1C@rakefet>
In article <m0yaiIG-000qH1C@rakefet>, shaul <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>I was using X, after loging in with XDM when I decided to go to single user
>mode from a VT.
>rakefet# telinit s
You are not supposed to use 'telinit s' directly. Use
"shutdown -h now" or "telinit 1". That will go to level 1 first and
stop all running services, and will _then_ switch to level 's'.
Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
email@example.com | eventually eliminating it.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com