Re:Debian

Hi

 Im Phillip Neumann and a new user of (debian) Linux too. I find this system MUCH more interesting that Microsoft dos or win95. But i have many programs in Win95 that i use every day, so now i have 2 OP in my computer. They both work perfectly well (thank to linux [lilo]). I´m doing linux about 2 or 3 days, and now im a little boried, because I´ve only the rescue, driver and base diskettes. So i cant do interesting thinks with linux. The first interesing thing i wanna do, is "changing" my shell to a graphic one. I heared about Xfree86, so i download it and try to install it (Xfree86 3.3.2). I read the installing readme files but i cant install it !!! (yesterday i finish tring at 6:00 am!!!). At this moment I´ve done the following things:
1) Download files (11)
2) Copy them to /var/tmp
3) at /usr/X11R6 i put:"sh /var/tmp/preinst.sh" (it sais: file: command not found. You appear to have an a.out system. a.out binaries are not available for this release)
4) ungzip files ==> gzip -d < /var/tmp/x332XXXX.tgz | tar vxf -
5) running postinstall = > sh /var/tmp/postinst.sh (it do some question, i rerspond all yes) [last thing is: running ldconfig and then prompt]
6) put /usr/X11R6 in my path (editing /etc/profile)
7) adding /usr/X11R6  to   /etc/ls.so.conf
8) putting /sbin/lsconfig as root  [prompt inmidiatly]

 Im desperade trying to use graphics in Linux. I know the difference between dos and linux bourn shell. Now i want to compare windows 95 with X Windows.

    Sorry for my enlish and        Thanks
    filsin@hotmail.com

PD: please send me anything to my hotmail email, the other isnt working...