Re: dictionaries?

Paul Miller <paul@3dillusion.com> asks:

> Are there any dictionary programs (console and/or X)?  -- a dictionary,
> not just a list of correctly spelled words!

Hi,
     I have packaged the Dict project's client/server software and all
of the dictionary databases they make available.  They are still in
Incoming (unless they moved to slink today).

     The package names are:
dict           - client software
dictd          - server software
dict-wn        - WordNet 1.6, A Lexical Database for English
dict-jargon    - Hacker's Jargon File
dict-foldoc    - The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing
dict-elements  - Chemical and Physical Properties of the Elements
dict-easton    - Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
dict-hitchcock - Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary
dict-gazetteer - Database of Geographic Data from the U.S. Census

     The following package has been delayed due to copyright
considerations.  I expect to upload it within a week or two.  (The
upstream editor is making some minor modifications, and will then put
it in the public domain.)

dict-web1913   - 1913 Webster's Unabridged Dictionary

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>