Re: URGENT how to change your domain name

> From: Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu> writes:

> Perhaps we ought to come up with some policy for this -- store an
> /etc/hostinfo file which contains names,  ip addresses,  and domain names
> which refer to the current host,  and require that all programs who need
> to find the hostname read it,  or that their config utils read it.
> Changing hostnames and dns names is a pain ...

     This sounds worthwhile, if we can figure out how to make _all_
programs use it.  Where does /bin/hostname get the domain name when
run with the -f or -d options?  I recently changed my domain name, and
had to edit at least 13 files.  I don't know which one made hostname
give the right answer.

Bob
--
   _