libc6 and db (fwd)

Somebody could give an answer to me?

Andrea[s] Arcangeli

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:09:46 +0200 (CEST)
From: Andrea Arcangeli <arcangeli@mbox.queen.it>
To: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>
Subject: libc6 and db

How can I use a db to add accounts to my system?

I add to /etc/nsswitch.conf db in passwd field. Then I put a passwd file
processed by makedb in /var/db/passwd.db. strace tell that (for example)
finger load the db file, but then seems to not take care of it. Maybe the
source (ascii) must be coded in a format different to the plain password
one?

Thanks.

andrea@dragon:~$ dpkg -l libc6-dev
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  libc6-dev       2.0.7pre3-1    The GNU C library version 2
(development fil

Andrea[s] Arcangeli