Re: New User Needs Help

Hello Robert!

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Robert Harrington wrote:

> I am a very new user to Debian/Linux and I just want to know how to access my floppy drive, fd0?

The easiest way to access MSDOS formatted floppies (Win3.11, Win95, .. ,WinNT)
is to use mtools, mtools is also provided as a Debian package.

Yo can use any MSDOS command just adding the m prefix, for instance:

to copy files from a floppy in "a:" type

mcopy a:*

or just mcopy a:

Everything works similar

regards,