Re: problems with stable - gzip, debianutils, kernel

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 09:23:15AM -0400, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> I heard debian had standardized on the 2.0.32 kernel headers, but I see
> .29, .30, and .33 kernels in stable. Is .33 really stable (usable, not
> just in the stable directory)?

The kernel headers in /usr/include/linux do not have to be from the
same kernel as you are running, they just need to be the same headers
that were used when libc6 was compiled. If any software you are compiling
needs newer headers (eg extra modules) then it should know to look in
/usr/src/linux/include/linux, or /usr/local/src/linux/include/linux.

Hamish