Re: HELP! Netscape & Lyx crash X server in bo - further investigatio

>A few days ago I have reported a strange problems with X server crashing
>after segfault when using Lyx or Netscape. Just yesterday I've lost
>a few hours of my work, after my wife asked me to find something in the
>Internet, when I was writing an article.

unless you're using a very old version of lyx, you probably didn't lose your
work.  A few seconds, tops.  Unless you had *never* saved your work since
starting the session--there is a bug that still has the developers scratching
their head in which the emergency file isn't used until the first save in a
session.  Just tell it to open the file, and it will prompt you to see if you
want the emergency save.

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.