Re: Installing Debian Linux the hard way...HELP!

Hmm.  I don't know much about null modem cables.  Too bad you don't have
CD drive handy,  but anyway:

> man doesn't seem to work on my machine. ( I get bash: man: command not
> found)
man's not on the base disks,  because the manpages themselves take up
quite a bit of space.

> Linux/UNIX book I could get from the Web so I can start to learn my way
"Running Linux",  by Matt Walsh.  Get it from O'Reilly Publishers,
www.ora.com.  Good book.  There's also a book out on running Debian
specifically,  but I've not had a chance to read it yet.

> around this machine? and last ( for now) how can I set-up my second Hard
> Drive to boot into DOS from Linux?
Via lilo,  the LInux LOader.  It can be configured to give you a menu on
boot and let you choose between linux and dos and Win95 and OS/2 and
anything else you can think of and squeeze onto your drive.  I can help
you here,  but you can also hit the linux HOWTO's at
http://www.linux.org/help/howto.html -- they're written by people with
pretty solid knowledge, and they generally assume you don't really
understand what you're trying to do. :)

> to the users list but it seems they tend to forget that not everyone knows
> how to use commands like getty or stuff.
Righto.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |