zip disks unreadable

I have some IBM preformatted (msdos format) zip disks.  I'm able to store
files onto them using a mac at work.  But I'm then unable to read them
under Linux -- something like a bad supernode or something.  If under
Linux I make an msdos file system on the zip disk, I'm able to read and
write to the disk under both Linux and W95, but not the mac.  What gives?
Can I make it readable by Linux and mac, or possibly even all three systems?
  David