Re: libc6 package (Thanks)

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

  On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 01:38:47PM +0100, Nuno Carvalho wrote:
  > Shouldn't I install the packages which have the 'w' command, but
compiled
  > with that libc5 package !?!?

  "w" is handled through the "alternatives" mechanism; on my system it's
from
  the "procps" package; it should be the procps from hamm, which is libc6.

 Conclusion:       When I made an upgrade from my libc5 to a newer version
and the utmp-wrapper
funtions don't work I must install procps package for 'w' command and
shellutils package
for 'who' command.

 I did it and it works ! :))

   Thanks Mr. jdassen and Mr. Remco for the help! :)))

 Best regards,
     Nuno Carvalho

P.S. BTW what should I do to know the package which a file belongs !

 Nuno Emanuel Carvalho
 University of Coimbra
 Dep. of Informatics Engineering
 PORTUGAL