RE: Memory Checker (RAM)

On 07-May-98 C.J.LAWSON wrote:
> A while ago someone posted information (or was it a website) on a program
> that can be used to detect intermittent RAM failure which may be missed
> by the bios.
> I would be grateful if anyone with this or similar information could mail
> it to me (or better post it to the list)

There is a simple program named 'memtest' in
the debian package 'sysutils'. It is startable
from within a shell.

There is a tool called 'memtest86' in package
'hwtools'. It seems to be a bit more complicated,
but I've not tried it yet.

If someone knows more memory-checking programs
I would be very happy to receive a short mail.

Greetings,
      Florian

---
  Florian Hinzmann               f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de
                                 fh@dipa.de
NEW PGP-Key fingerprint: DD 61 74 34 04 FB 8A BD  43 54 83 38 0C 82 EF B1